We did this easy Jar-O-Lantern craft from Family Fun over the weekend. It was a hit with all three kids, their jar creations are now proudly displayed in the kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Masking tape
- Clean, dry mason jar (your choice of size)
- Orange acrylic paint
- Battery operated tea light
- Cut masking tape (or painters tape) into simple jack-o’-lantern face shapes, such as triangles and squares (we added circle noses per the request of my 3-year-old)
- Let kids use the tape to create a face with the shapes on the side of a clean, dry jar. Then have at the jar with orange acrylic paint.
- After the paint dries, carefully remove the tape shapes. For a cleaner line, first peel up the corners of the shape.
- Light your jar-o’-lantern with a battery-operated tea light!