Back by popular demand, the Hotel Commonwealth in Boston will host its fourth annual Bedtime Stories Storytelling and Pajama Party during February school vacation week (Feb 22nd & 23rd)! Kids are encouraged to wear their pajamas while listening to professional performers and storytellers from ReadBoston. This year, Curious George will join the party, greeting kids and posing for photos! Afterwards, children will enjoy a make-your-own hot chocolate bar featuring various types of hot cocoa and toppings. The party has a suggested donation of $20/family and benefits ReadBoston.
Families can make a night of it by booking the ‘Hotel for Kids’ overnight package on either Friday, February 22, 2013 or Saturday, February 23, 2013 at a special opening night rate of $229. This one-time-only rate includes a special Saturday or Sunday morning kids’ pancake-making class with Executive Chef Jeremy Sewall of Eastern Standard Kitchen & Drinks and Island Creek Oyster Bar.
The ‘Hotel for Kids’ package includes:
- Deluxe family accommodations in a Commonwealth Suite
- Welcome backpack for kids stuffed with slippers from LL Bean, a custom bedtime story featuring the hotel’s signature Terry bear and a flashlight
- Board game and family-friendly DVD selection
- Homemade cookies and milk upon arrival
- Complimentary valet parking
- Access to the hotel’s Family Concierge to help with planning family-friendly activities around Boston
- Families can extend through the weekend at a special rate of $169/each additional night.
After February 23, 2013, the Hotel for Kids package starts at $299/night and is available through March 31, 2013. To book the Hotel for Kids package, please call Hotel Commonwealth at 617-532-5012 or email AllReservations@HotelCommonwealth.com.
Need other ideas for February Vacation? Check out our previous posts:
- February Vacation Destination: The Zoo!
- February Vacation Destination: Winter Programs from Mass Audubon
- February Vacation Destination: Science Experiment Staycation!