This sweet Cardboard Tube Bunny Craft from Crafts by Amanda is perfect for anytime, but we love it especially for Easter!
You will need:
- Cardboard tubes (paper towel or toilet paper)
- Craft paint
- Mini pom poms
- Felt (substitute construction paper)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take your cardboard tubes and cut them into different lengths, longer for the mom and dad bunnies, shorter for the bunny children
- Cut thinner strips (about 1/2″) to make the bunny ears
- Put a small amount of hot glue inside the ears, squeezing together until they’re flat
- Paint the tubes and ear strips in your choice of colors. Add a strip of light pink for the inner ears
- Hot glue the ears to the inside of the painted tubes
- Add eyes (googley eyes can be used too), noses, and whiskers
- Accessorize your bunnies with bows, buttons, an apron, etc.
If you don’t have felt, substitute colored construction paper for the bows/bowties. You can also choose to draw in your bunny noses, or glue on small pink circles. Find the complete, original craft tutorial at Crafts by Amanda.
I tackled this project with my 4-year-old this morning. K did all the painting herself, I jumped in on glue gun duty and bunny accessories. She had a blast, here are our results!
Check out the South Shore Mamas Pinterest boards for more great Easter ideas!