Castle Island is a 22 acre urban park located right on the water, connected to the mainland by roadway. The park features many paved pathways that run along the water and circle around Fort Independence (pictured above). Activities include swimming at the beach areas, playing on the playground, and fishing. Stop by Sullivan’s restaurant for a bite to eat, and don’t forget the ice cream! Public restrooms are open seasonally.
|Location:||2010 Day Boulevard, South Boston|
Things to Do
- Take a walk along the paths that wind all along the water and loop around Fort Independence. Bring your bikes/scooter/roller blades/rip sticks!
- Play on the playground. There are plenty of shady bench areas for parents to sit and watch the kids play.
- Go for a swim at the beach area
- Take a tour of Fort Independence. Free tours of Fort Independence run every Saturday & Sunday from 12:00 noon to 3:30pm. Tours last approximately 30 minutes.
- Grab lunch or ice cream at Sullivan’s
- Go fishing
- Take sailing lessons at the Harry McDonough Sailing Center
- Watch planes from Logan take off and land right over your head!