Want to get away this February vacation, but not too far away? Check out these local hotels that are hosting mini getaways packed with kid friendly fun, including movies, magic shows, treasure hunts, pizza parties, dance classes and more. Not to mention the novelty of swimming in February! Stay for one or two nights, or the whole week!
We’ll be adding more venues as we get them, be sure to check back!
[jbox radius=1]The Colonnade Hotel
The Colonnade Hotel celebrates winter’s chill with its signature cold weather package, Frosty Fridays! The two-night weekend deal where the Friday night room rate is determined by the 5pm outside temperature reading and a special rate of $289 for Saturday. If the temperature is 18 degrees at 5pm on Friday night, guests pay just $18 for their room that night! The package includes:
- Overnight accommodations for two
- Choice of: admission and ice skating rentals for four at Boston Common Frog Pond OR tickets for Old Town Trolley Tour
- “Make your own” hot chocolate bar, which includes marshmallows, cinnamon sticks, candy canes, caramel, milk, etc.
- Complimentary overnight parking in The Colonnade’s onsite garage
- Add connecting rooms to make it a family affair, starting from $159.00 per night.
Frosty Friday is a two-night package with the first night rate determined by the National Weather Service’s reading of the outside temperature
[jbox radius=1]Hotel Commonwealth
[jbox radius=1]Bayside Resort Hotel
Want to look like a hero and not break the bank? A kids week getaway at the Bayside is a great value, with accommodations starting at $109 per night (see details on pricing here). The hotel has a whole week of activities planned, including:
- Breakfast with Olaf, Elmo, Sponge Bob or Tigger
- Family Bingo
- Arts and Crafts or Wii on the Big Screen
- Afternoon Pizza Parties
- Magic Shows
- Rainforest Reptile Shows
- Mad Science Discovery Shows
- Cookie Decorating
- Kids Karaoke
- Ice Cream Socials
- Marshmallow Roasts
- PJ Movie Nights
- Parents Happy Hour and more!
[jbox radius=1]Cape Codder Resort & Spa
Head to the Cape Codder and enjoy their new expanded indoor water park, including four water slides, a wave pool, the brand new “stormy” river, kiddie pool, and 24 person jacuzzi.
The resort has a week full of interactive family activities planned, including:
- Rainforest Reptile Show
- the Rainforest Reptile Show
- Amazing Animal Ambassadors
- Robert Clark Funny Guy Juggler
- The Magicompany
- Wishkers Workshop
- The Secret World of Bubbles
- Face Painting
- Daily Arts & Crafts
- Daily Movies
- Nightly Bonfire
- Cape Codder Arcade & Fun Zone
See the Resort’s Vacation Week Event Schedule for more information.
[jbox radius=1]Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
February Vacation is Wizarding Week at Ocean Edge! On your first day, you will encounter the sorting hat and get sorted into a house. From there, the adventure begins! Make your own wand, broom, and robe. Learn how to play quidditch on your new broom, go on a scavenger hunt to destroy all of the horcruxes, and keep track of different spells throughout your stay in your spell book.
Win points for your house by participating in activities, and help your team win the House Cup. We will have a board posted in The Great Hall that we will update daily as you earn points. Say hello to your housemates at dinner with our Bayzo’s Wizarding Menu.
For more information, check out the entire activity schedule for vacation week.
*We’ve stayed at Ocean Edge over February vacation week before – read about our experience!
Have fun Mamas!